1858banner

Author Topic: Another Pyramyd catalog  (Read 135 times)

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Another Pyramyd catalog
« on: June 12, 2020, 04:34:58 PM »
I got a new catalog today; just paging through it. They still have the S&W Schofield #3, the '75 Remmie and the Peacemaker. I was impressed with some of the realistic pistols, some even have blow-back slides. Yeah, they are CO2 powered, but they have the heft and feel of the real thing. I am still enjoying my Buckmark break-barrel but am considering a Colt Commander. The slide blows back and locks open after the last shot! XDs, SIGs, Walthers, etc.

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another Pyramyd catalog
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 06:10:01 PM »
After doing a bit of research, I don't think I will be ordering this gun. Evidently, the blow back action uses the CO2 up quickly. There are other non-blowback models of the 1911 style gun.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Global Moderator
  • Black Powder Syndicate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 08:09:26 PM »
Hey Em, I used to have a blowback version of the Glock 19. I don't remember who made it though. But I do remember that I could only get about 25 shots out of a Co2 cylinder. And the last 5 or 6 were anemic at best. I got rid of it fairly quickly.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 08:56:42 AM »
That pretty much sums up what I found.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »
Hi Emery, if you don't have a Crosman 2240 you are missing an incredibility accurate CO2 handgun. I have three of them, 2 .22, 1 .177. They are an amateur gunsmith's joy to modify. From a rest all my 2240 will put all the pellets in the same hole @15yds. They are my ability to quietly shoot in the basement during the winter.

I also have a .177 Schofield that is pretty much a toy, only good for coke can accuracy from 10yds.

Regards,
Richard
Thereís nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 09:31:58 AM »
Yes, a lot of the pellet handguns lack real accuracy and are also smooth bore. My Buckmark falls into that category, but is still fun to shoot.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 11:38:08 AM »
Iíve been using an Umarex Browning Buck Mark break barrel for almost four years.  It has rifling and is quite accurate. Rear sight is adjustable.   I never thought I was a pellet gun person but learned otherwise.  Only paid 40 bucks for it.  Priced now at $45 from Pyramid Air.  I recommend that mod to everyone. I enjoy the hell out of mine.
"A man cannot have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition".
                              -Rudyard Kipling

"Nietzsche is dead".
                              -  God

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 04:49:07 PM »
Has anyone here ever used round lead balls in their pellet guns?  Gamo has some .177's at 8.17 grains.  Any opinions on those?
"A man cannot have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition".
                              -Rudyard Kipling

"Nietzsche is dead".
                              -  God

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »
Richard, I have no experience with lead round balls. Over the years I have picked up a variety of pellets from different makers. I have never done any testing as to what works best as I don't really have a good indoor range....yet. I have thought about making a rest from a camera tripod but other things keep getting in the way. I think that would really help with determining best accuracy from a standing position.