1858banner

Author Topic: New Toys  (Read 63 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
New Toys
« on: June 29, 2020, 09:10:39 PM »
A few weeks ago we put a S&W M&P Shield 9 EZ on layaway for my wife. Well for whatever reason SS held back part of her back pay and she got a check today So we went and picked it up. Sorry the pics are so dark the lighting wasn't good and all I had was my phone.

While we were there this lovely woman bought me a new toy as well. A S&W M&P 15 Sport II. It's an entry level AR but the reviews are really good on it. Most of y'all know I don't care for the AR platform or the .556/.223 round but with the things going on these days and the left trying hard to ban them I thought it was prudent I had one. The one I picked out had a red dot and when I asked about extra mags he said unless you just want the red dot for 20.00 more I can sell you the same rifle with iron sights, 4 extra 30 round mags, soft case and 5 boxes of ammo. I couldn't turn that down.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: New Toys
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 03:56:57 AM »
Hi Hawg, there's almost nothing as nice as getting new guns, good for you. In NY State we are not allowed to own such an evil looking rifle. My workaround is a Ruger Mini-14. I look forward to seeing your shooting reports for the new guns.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 05:20:53 AM »
Nice score Hawg.    Hang on to that woman!

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 06:07:31 AM »
Nice score Hawg.    Hang on to that woman!

I'm definitely going to keep her. Range report may be a few days. I've got to find a place to shoot. I've got a guy supposed to clear a piece of property for me but he hasn't done it yet.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 06:30:55 AM »
The Colorado State Supreme Court upheld the ban on "high capacity" magazines yesterday.   In Colorado 15 rounds is the maximum.   Glad to see those 30 round P mags are legal there.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Global Moderator
  • Black Powder Syndicate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 03:28:51 PM »
Great score on the S&W rifle. I wish I didn't live in Kommiefornia, as that rifle and it's mags are illegal here.

I don't own a "modern" rifle of any kind. But with the current climate, I'm looking into it. I'll just have to go a different route than an AR platform. If I were rich, I'd buy the Springfield M1-A SOCOM rifle.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
Good for you Hawg. I also have a disdain for AR type guns, but if one came along at the right price.....

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 06:09:07 PM »
Good for you Hawg. I also have a disdain for AR type guns, but if one came along at the right price.....
it wasn't exactly the right price. They were a lot cheaper 6 months ago. You can still find them cheaper online but they're all out of stock but since it was money we weren't expecting I guess you could say Uncle Sam paid for it.  (7&

I look forward to seeing your shooting reports for the new guns.

We went to Walmart today and I got actual paper targets. I haven't shot at a piece of paper in several years.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 06:15:47 PM by Hawg »