1858banner

Author Topic: Tools for C&B revolvers  (Read 168 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Tools for C&B revolvers
« on: July 02, 2020, 07:37:30 AM »
Hi, a nice video on the tools used for C&B revolvers:

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tools for C&B revolvers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 09:18:18 AM »
Thanks for posting that video. It reinforces the need for proper tools. Years ago I got the Brownell basic screwdriver set. Later I ordered the set of tips specifically made for the Colt revolvers. Like Mike's tips, they are in a separate area of the screwdriver kit.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 01:28:00 PM »
Hi Emery, based on that video I ordered a couple of the wedge removers. I had been using clothespins for removing wedges. They bust up in short order. These brass wedge removers should last a long time.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ShotgunDave

• Global Moderator
  • Black Powder Syndicate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 01:38:07 PM »
I'm gonna have to get me one of those plates, to hold the nipples for cleaning. That's a really good idea. Plus, it helps you to keep track of the little buggers when they're not installed in the cylinder.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 08:32:58 AM »
Mike B. showed a tool he was using but never mentioned it....the old toothbrush. I have a couple of them in the range box. I made my wedge removing tool a while back. I had thought about making a nipple plate, but since I rarely remove the nipples for cleaning, I didn't see the need. The cylinder can be held in your hand or on the table, and the nipples scrubbed with the toothbrush. Or, as Johnny pointed out many times, just heated in a pot of water.