1858banner

Author Topic: October Country 2020 Christmas Special  (Read 78 times)

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
October Country 2020 Christmas Special
« on: November 21, 2020, 01:43:49 PM »
OC is offering 10% off any remaining items in Dr. Davis' collection. I don't think they have sold anything there in months.

https://www.octobercountry.com/

Regards,

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
  • Head Janitor, Floor Sweeper
    • View Profile
Re: October Country 2020 Christmas Special
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 02:27:46 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Jim.

I pop in once a week or so and check it out. The prices they're asking are a little too high, even with a 10% discount.

It seems they sold all the good inventory, at great prices, back before they knew what they had. Now they're trying to sell the leftovers at really high prices.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 07:40:12 AM »
I agree with ShotgunDave. There were some great deals in the beginning, it was clear they didn't know what they had. Now they have gone in the other direction and prices are too high. Black powder revolver collecting is funny. There is rare and neat stuff that people want but in most cases people still won't pay a real high price to obtain it.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
  • Head Janitor, Floor Sweeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 04:30:02 PM »
I agree with ShotgunDave. There were some great deals in the beginning, it was clear they didn't know what they had. Now they have gone in the other direction and prices are too high. Black powder revolver collecting is funny. There is rare and neat stuff that people want but in most cases people still won't pay a real high price to obtain it.

You hit the nail on the head LonsomePigeon. At the end of the day, they're just Italian repops. No matter how fancy.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln