1858banner

Author Topic: Burned some powder today! With video!  (Read 648 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
  • Head Janitor, Floor Sweeper
    • View Profile
Burned some powder today! With video!
« on: February 15, 2021, 07:41:50 PM »
Got my kids out of the house today, and we went up and burned a little powder. We aren't having the horrible weather here, like the rest of the country. So we got out and took advantage of it.

Hope you all enjoy.

"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Burned some powder today! With video!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 08:15:48 PM »
Looks like a good time was had by all!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline AntiqueSledMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 02:01:08 AM »
Hello Dave,

Wish we had a like button, I like.

AntiqueSledMan.

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 06:51:38 AM »
Nice video Dave and I hate to say it, but your daughter has better shooting form then you do. I noticed that you didn't show us how many times she hit the target then you did.  ;)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 07:19:32 AM »
Hi Dave, thanks for sharing. With over a foot of snow here it's nice to live vicariously through YouTube. Great that you are sharing the shooting with your daughter. A family that shoots together, stays together (Richard 10-13) .

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 08:20:28 AM »
Thanks fellas. We did have fun for sure.

My daughter has been bugging me to go shooting for months. But our shooting area has been closed due to fire restrictions. When it opened up a couple weeks ago, I knew I had to get the kids up there. Since they were both off school for Presidents Day yesterday, we took advantage of the time off.

Powder Burn is very astute! My daughter does indeed have better shooting form than I do. And she can hit better than me as well! That door is right at 100 yards away and she was regularly hitting it with an 1860 Army. That's pretty good shooting in my book!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 08:34:55 AM by ShotgunDave »
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 08:32:04 AM »
Thanks fellas. We did have fun for sure.

My daughter has been bugging me to go shooting for months. But our shooting area has been closed due to fore restrictions. When it opened up a couple weeks ago, I knew I ha to get the kids up there. Since they were both off school for Presidents Day yesterday, we took advantage of the time off.

Powder Burn is very astute! My daughter does indeed have better shooting form than I do. And she can hit better than me as well! That door is right at 100 yards away and she was regularly hitting it with an 1860 Army. That's pretty good shooting in my book!
Like!

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 02:14:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing the video, Dave. Big smile on your daughter! All snowed in here, so the closest I come to shooting for now is watching you! However, I've been spending the shut-in time making paper cartridges and have nice big piles in .36 & .44. Sounds like another storm is on it's way but fortunately I have lots of paper, glue, powder and lead.
Only Blackpowder is interesting.
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun". Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Marshal Will

• Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 05:02:37 PM »
Hey, lookin' good! Those paper cartridges are the hot ticket. Good so see your daughter out there with you. Was she shooting her new one?

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 05:58:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing the video, Dave. Big smile on your daughter! All snowed in here, so the closest I come to shooting for now is watching you! However, I've been spending the shut-in time making paper cartridges and have nice big piles in .36 & .44. Sounds like another storm is on it's way but fortunately I have lots of paper, glue, powder and lead.

Glad you're living vicariously through me Navy Six! And glad to see someone else makes paper cartridges in their spare time.

Hey, lookin' good! Those paper cartridges are the hot ticket. Good so see your daughter out there with you. Was she shooting her new one?

Indeed Marshal. The paper cartridges make things so much easier, and less messy at the range. I shot the Dragoon too. And I had to do it the regular way with a flask and ball. Going to have to make up a mandrel and former for 40gr charges.

She didn't get to shoot her little Pocket Model. I have to either buy some balls or a mold so I can make them for her. Funny thing is, once she got to shooting the Army, she said it was her favorite. We also shot the .36 Dance I built. She said it was so mild to shoot, that she likes the .44 better. Go figure.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Marshal Will

• Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 09:09:27 PM »
Indeed Marshal. The paper cartridges make things so much easier, and less messy at the range. I shot the Dragoon too. And I had to do it the regular way with a flask and ball. Going to have to make up a mandrel and former for 40gr charges.

She didn't get to shoot her little Pocket Model. I have to either buy some balls or a mold so I can make them for her. Funny thing is, once she got to shooting the Army, she said it was her favorite. We also shot the .36 Dance I built. She said it was so mild to shoot, that she likes the .44 better. Go figure.
I like your daughter better and better.

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 05:44:57 AM »
Thanks for the videos Dave. Good shows!
Internet is an electronical sewer