Author Topic: What do I have  (Read 3184 times)

Offline bearcat6

• View Profile
What do I have
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:58:15 PM »
Does anyone know what model this Piettea is? I thought it was stainless at first but it could be nickel, It's .44 caliber with a five inch barrel, It's engraved, Has a star engraved in front of the wedge on each side. Was made in 1995 aqccording to the code. Is this what they called the sheriff's model? Pictured with a baby Dragoon for scale.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What do I have
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
It's Piettas highly polished in the white steel "US Marshals Model 1851".  Not sure what the process used is; but it has what they call a "stainless like finish".  It's a very tough and durable finish.  I've left mine sit dirty for more than two weeks before with no adverse effects; but, it will rust if you abuse it.  One of mine that I bought used had some rust/corrosion spots on the cylinder and frame.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:15:28 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline bearcat6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »
Thanks Fingers

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
Greetings

Nice looking gun wonder what they make the finish out of? Doesn't look like nickel

Joel
Check out my new website:

www.percussionrevolvers.com