Author Topic: Tucker & Sherrard  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Tucker & Sherrard
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:36:55 PM »
My buddy is looking at a Tucker & Sherrard revolver, .44 cal and patterned after a Second Dragoon. This is NOT the cased set, but a loose revolver with no box & papers, any idea on numbers produced and approximate values? It appears to be unfired.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:06:49 PM by Captainkirk »
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tucker & Sherrard
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:49:22 PM »
According to DR. Davis over on the Collecting Confederate Revolvers thread in the Confederate Revolvers room

Tucker & Sherrard Co. Texas Dragoon - Offered as a cased set with “T”
      prefix on Serial #, only 400 made.  All cased sets bear the “Western
      Arms” markings.  A few single revolvers were also marked “Allen Arms”, “Western Arms, “A.
      Uberti & C. Gardone V.T. Italy”, and “Cimarron Arms”.  Rare

Worth ??  Blue Book is way off in by opinion.  They are listed at only $275 for NIB.  Probably really worth around twice that - or whatever you want to pay - whichever is greater  ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:50:52 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:08:43 PM »
Ken, this one has no "T" prefix and is marked "Western Arms".
Am I understanding this to be more rare than the cased sets?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:09:09 PM by Captainkirk »

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »
Ken, this one has no "T" prefix and is marked "Western Arms".
Am I understanding this to be more rare than the cased sets?

That's my understanding from what Dr Davis wrote.  I'd send him and Email and ask.

Ken
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »
Too late, Ken. My buddy let it walk...over $30.00. He's already regretting it, I think. It was really sweet; unfired & all.
Might be a while before another strolls down the road in that condition, at that price. Time will tell.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:38:42 PM »
Probably the same one I was watching.  I'da bought it; but, my CAS gun fund is at Zero balance right now.  The Engraved Colts I bought tapped me out.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »
Probably. GunBroker?
If so, then you probably saw the SA Starr I missed out on. I wept bitter tears.. _?/

Offline kenrose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
I stumbled across this posting and have some questions.  I own a Tucker Sherrard & Co. revolver in a presentation box.  It also has a powder flask and a bullet mold.  The s/n of  the revolver is T70.  The box is wood with light blue lining.  Can anyone tell me what I have and what it might be worth?  Thank you.  If you need more info, let me know and I will try to provide it.  Oh, It also says Western Arms Corp and Uberti on the revolver.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »
I stumbled across this posting and have some questions.  I own a Tucker Sherrard & Co. revolver in a presentation box.  It also has a powder flask and a bullet mold.  The s/n of  the revolver is T70.  The box is wood with light blue lining.  Can anyone tell me what I have and what it might be worth?  Thank you.  If you need more info, let me know and I will try to provide it.  Oh, It also says Western Arms Corp and Uberti on the revolver.

I'd be the wrong guy to ask, kenrose! Maybe Dr. Davis or Fingers can shed a little more light.
Glad to have you with us, BTW!

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 10:56:36 PM »
kenrose,  from reply 1 above:

According to DR. Davis over on the Collecting Confederate Revolvers thread in the Confederate Revolvers room

Tucker & Sherrard Co. Texas Dragoon - Offered as a cased set with “T” prefix on Serial #, only 400 made.  All cased sets bear the “Western Arms” markings.  A few single revolvers were also marked “Allen Arms”, “Western Arms, “A.
 Uberti & C. Gardone V.T. Italy”, and “Cimarron Arms”.  Rare

Dr Davis has one for sale on Guns International for $995.  It's been there a while so.......................

Contact Dr. Davis over on the RPRCA website for more info.