Author Topic: 1848 Baby Dragoon 2nd model  (Read 8723 times)

Offline britgunsmith

• View Profile
Re: 1848 Baby Dragoon 2nd model
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
Hello,I think what you have is an armi San marco 1849 pocket. I have seen photos of this pistol in a very old copy of blackpowderi guide. This is the very pistol that I have been trying to find and would be very happy to buy if you wished to sell. I am a bit of a fan of the .31 colts and would like a 5 or 6 inch barrel replica to shoot. It's the only handguns we have left here in the uk. I Am a registered firearms dealer here so posting to me is not a problem.
Please barecme in mind if you would wish to part with it. Maybe I could do a colour case hardening job or blueing job or other repair or restoration job!
thanks for your consideration.........David.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 10:49:25 PM »
Have not given much thought to selling it other than yesterday I took all of my cap and ball revolvers out of the safes and wiped them down and inventoried them. I have 5 1849's si will give it some thought.

Terry
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline britgunsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »
Hi Terry, Wow five 49er's. What models are they?
Took one of my originals that I have been working on out back today for testing. on the way up to my target plate and with a full cylinder capped and ready i noticed a squirrel on the ground searching around in the grass. Well I had to have a go! I let him have all six and got really close but no hits. It was at 20yards so a little hopefull but it really made him dance and he was squealing like a stuck pig! I did another 6 shots after that at my steel plate and got a group of about 6" at 15yards. Not bad for a less than nice bore! It's a 6" barrel 6 shot new york address built in 1863. Not the best but great fun and I love the sound it makes. Echos around our little valley in a most pleasing manner.
Keep yer powder dry........Dave.