Author Topic: New Guy from CT  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Good Shot

• View Profile
New Guy from CT
« on: November 20, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »
I am glad to find this site.  I started collecting 2nd gen. Colts about 2 months ago.  I've got 6 of them and I'm afraid I want more.  They are beautiful works of art to my eyes.  The 1860 Army's are my favorite and I also like the 1861 Navy but have yet to find one I can afford.  My finds have been on gun broker and I wonder how others find good buys.  I am probably paying top $$ for them.  Two weeks ago I did find a good deal at a local gun show though.  I hope to learn more about them on this forum.  Also I got the book "Black Powder Reproductions & Replicas" by Dennis Adler. 

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy from CT
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »
Howdy and welcome Good Shot.  In addition to collecting replica C&Bs in general, I collect 2nd Gens as well.  Have north of 30.  You need to get hold of a copy of Dennis Russel's book 'Percussion Colt Revolvers - The Second Generation; Collectors Handbook and Pricing Guide #6

$39.95 from:
Dennis Russell
3162 Johnson Ferry Road
Suite 260-607
Marietta, GA  30062

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:44:24 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Good Shot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 05:20:53 PM »
Hi Fingers,   
I know,  I did look it up to find out where to get that book.  Guess I'll get it.
I wonder if there are a lot of 2nd gen. collectors out there.   

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Will look forward to hearing from you and about any new additions to your collection.
A number of us collect the 2nd Gen Colts. Do take Finger's advice and get yourself a copy of the 2nd gen collectors book. You will find it is a bargain.

Terry
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!