Percussion Revolvers > Pocket Revolvers

Baby Dragoon

(1/2) > >>

jlb43:
I just picked this up a few days ago and have been contemplating whether or not to "antique" it.  Hopkins & Allen was a firearms firm that went under in the early 1900's and this one is dated coded AD so it is a reproduction for sure.  ASM I think.  I have another Baby from Replica Arms in a cased set for display so thought this one might be a good candidate for some "customizin".  I am thinking of maybe returning it to the "white".  {+_

Smokey:
Nice looking piece you have there., jib. Code AD indicates it is a 1993 production.

I am a big fan of the white steel also. If you do decide to go white, the best and cheapest way to achieve this is to soak the parts in white vinegar and let the parts air dry when removed. Then card the crud off with 000 steel wool.

Fingers McGee:

--- Quote from: Smokey on February 01, 2013, 10:28:45 AM ---Nice looking piece you have there., jib. Code AD indicates it is a 1993 production.

--- End quote ---

I don't know what list you're looking at SMokey; but AD is 1978.  BC is 1993

And, the wedge is in upside down.

jlb43:
 I am a big fan of the white steel also. If you do decide to go white, the best and cheapest way to achieve this is to soak the parts in white vinegar and let the parts air dry when removed. Then card the crud off with 000 steel wool.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip Smokey.  The wife is going to pick me up a gallon of vinegar today.  Do you protect the cylinder bores or soak them too?   ???

I flipped the wedge Fingers.   ^")

Smokey:
No need to protect the bore, just clean it well.

Fingers, I was having a nice brain fart, looking at the chart columns wrong.  IMHO,  ASM quality was higher  in 1978

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version