Banner

Author Topic: Union and Confederate Commemorative Dragoons by AHF  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Union and Confederate Commemorative Dragoons by AHF
« on: May 07, 2015, 05:40:52 PM »
Just bought The American Historical Foundation commemorative Union and Confederate Dragoons.  These were 2nd Gen Colt 2nd and 3rd Model Dragoons that were obtained by the AHF around 1988 and engrave & plated.  The gold plated 3rd model Dragoon is the Union Commemorative and the silver plated 2nd model Dragoon is the Confederate Commemorative.  Each is 1 of 125 made.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:01:27 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "There's nothing like a nice piece of hickory"-
    • View Profile
Re: Union and Confederate Commemorative Dragoons by AHF
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:25:18 PM »
Drop-dead gorgeous. You always seem to nail the nice ones, Fingers....
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 05:34:11 PM »
Drop-dead gorgeous. You always seem to nail the nice ones, Fingers....

It takes a of of time to search them out though.  Although, they sometimes just fall in your lap.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 06:53:32 PM »
Fingers, Those are awesome pieces. Additionally I learned something here again. I did not know they used 2nd Gen Colts!

Terry Jack
Springfield OR
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:03:34 PM »
There were a few AHF and AHS commemoratives that used 2nd Gens.  Eventually I might track them all down.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 05:02:20 PM »
Being noisy I can't help wonder haw many cap and ball revolvers you have?!   ;)

No need to tell. I am sure you would not anyway. hee hee

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 11:21:25 AM »
I don't own any C&B revolvers; but, I am the caretaker of a few dozen - ok - more than a few

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 04:46:32 PM »
I hear you. Understand perfectly. I feel the same way about my Sharps ( I am fortunate enough to be caretakes of a couple really nice originals) and some old muzzle loader I have in my possession.

These firearms can not be replaced!

Terry Jack

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 12:02:10 PM »
Fixed the picures