Percussion Revolvers > The Centaure Colts

4-Screw Frame Colt 1860 Pattern Pistols

(1/3) > >>

Long Johns Wolf:
Centaure Cavalry 1st variation 7,5" barrel
# 1st sub-variation: white background #490 from 1961
# 3rd sub-variation: blue background (mock-up)
Long Johns Wolf

Captainkirk:
A beautiful piece indeed!
I assume all of your Centaures are unfired?

Long Johns Wolf:
I cannot say for sure, Captainkirk,
Because they were all pre-owned. I own a few that look unturned and unfired.
Remember the factory ceased producing the Centaures in early summer 1973.
This Cavalry 1st variation 1st sub-variation with the 7,5" barrel has definitively seen some action but not by me.
Below one is a Cavalry 2nd variation 1st sub-variation.
These 2nd variation Cavalries all have 8" barrels, not a 7,5" ones like the early pistols from the early 1960s.
These later ones were made in 1971 only in two sub-variations.
The 1st sub-variations like the pictured one have their pair of 4th screws almost flush with the frame.
Paden and I doubt that they ever came with a shoulder stock.
Long Johns Wolf

Long Johns Wolf:
Another 4-screw frame Centaure of the 2nd variation. This time a 2nd sub-variation.
Compared to the 1st sub-variation These variants have the protroding 4th pair of screws and usually come with a matching shoulder stock.
Below pictured #F11103 from 1971 was liberated in April 2011 cased and with a few accessories at a German gun show.
At that time I was led to believe that this variant was sold with or without shoulder stock.
Based on the SURVEY data available back then #F11103 was the only recorded variant over here.
However, that is not the end of the story.
In December 2013 a Swiss FROCS phoned from Belgium and told me about a deal he was about to close. It  included a 2nd gen Colt Buntline and a plain Jane RNMA from 1978 together a shoulder stock #F11103.
I congratulated but did not pay any more attention to the details till i entered his data into the master SURVEY spreadsheet of the Centaure & FROCS website www.1960nma.org ... noted two S/Ns #F11103 ... and saw the light.
I advised him that he could no close the deal as is but that I would want to relieve him of the the shoulder stock.
Because a family reunion will always overrule a sale of an 3-screw RNMA and a shoulder stock with its S/N not matching the RNMA.
Which he accepted under the condition that I got him an Italian shoulder stock for his RNMA.
Of course, I complied with that request.
So, after 40 years the Cavalry pistol and the matching shoulder stock were finally united and live happily together ever since.
Long Johns Wolf

Captainkirk:
Congrats on reuniting a long-lost family!
I really admire your Centaures. I hope some day the planets will align and I will get my mitts on one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version