Author Topic: Colt Pocket Armies  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• View Profile
    • FRiends Of the Centaure Society (FROCS)
Colt Pocket Armies
« on: February 17, 2011, 11:36:57 AM »
A few of the replica factories offered Colt Army clones with barrels of 4" or shorter. To the best of my knowledge none of these belly guns had a loading lever. Some came with a special loading tool.
One such pistol is the Pocket Army variant of the Belgian Centaure. They were made during the early 1960 on special order only for the US market. Probably not more than 100 were made, according to ads and catalogues in 3 variations. The only real life specimens that I had the chance to take a look at were 3 of this 4" barrel version with fluted cylinder, silverplated back-strap & trigger-guard in an US collection. They had the original factory loading rod. Caliber is .44. No serial number is visible.
I wonder if any more of these Belgians are known to exist. If you happen to know of one, please shout because I like to include her in the Centaure survey at www.1960nma.org.

Long Johns Wolf

Offline Smokin_Gun

• Wild West USA Mojave Desert
    • View Profile
    • SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Re: Colt Pocket Armies
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:01:03 AM »
Man Wolf I'd sure like to have one of them Belgian Pocket Models...the only original and reproductions I know of that had a loading lever were the 1848 I believe Colt Pocket Baby Dragoon Steel frame 4" bbl square back trigger guard(I had an ASM one, loved it) and the 1849 Colt Pocket with oval trigger guards.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 02:04:30 AM by Smokin_Gun »
"I Smoke Black Powder" "Prefer an 1858 NMA Remington .44"
SGT. 43rd BN Virginia Cavalry CSA, Mosby's Rangers