Author Topic: Missing RB mold  (Read 460 times)

Offline tljack

• View Profile
Missing RB mold
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:09:33 AM »
A of days ago I had the good fortune to obtain 95 lbs. of sheet lead from a dentist office remodel!  I discovered a great way to cut it up. A Roto-Zip tool. I had it whacked up and in the lead pot in short order. Anyway, it is now all in ingots ready to become RBs and then shot. I doubt I will ever be able to shoot all the lead I have but that is ok. Better to have to much than not enough.

When I was about finished I had about 20 lbs. in the pot, I decided to see if I needed to cast any balls. Discovered I only have about 100 .451 RBs. Decided to cast a bunch up while the pot was full and hot. Can you believe it? I can not find my mold.  A quick check on E-bay I was able to locate a Lyman with box and papers for $25.00 shipped! Now just waiting for it to arrive!  (j*

Terry
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: Missing RB mold
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »
Silly question Terry, but what do you shoot .451's out of?
I tried some in a number of my guns and none of them would shave a ring. I switched to .454 balls, and even use .457's in my ASP's.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline tljack

• View Profile
Re: Missing RB mold
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 06:10:36 PM »
Silly question Terry, but what do you shoot .451's out of?
I tried some in a number of my guns and none of them would shave a ring. I switched to .454 balls, and even use .457's in my ASP's.

No question is silly?  I would be asking the same question.  I shoot them in a old Uberti 1860 Army Colt. The cylinder measures .443. I get a nice ring of lead shaved off. I tried the .454s and I have to really force them in. It is just one revolver. I use .454 in the others.

Terry
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!