Author Topic: Your interest in C & B revolvers  (Read 489 times)

Offline tljack

• View Profile
Your interest in C & B revolvers
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
I would find it interesting in what you people find that attracts you to cap and ball revolvers.

To me, I simply love to appearance of them and to think that the old timers made these with pretty basic tools and machines. Take any brand and model. I always wonder how they were actually used, who carried them, why they were carried etc. Of course we all know the basics, protection, war etc. These guns had real stories to tell. Of course if I had lots and lots of spare money and knowledge, I'd love to own all originals in pristine condition! That is not going to happen.

I also love the process of loading and shooting them. Believe it or not, I even enjoy cleaning them. Additionally I find casting RBs relaxing in somewhat of a challenge. Obtaining lead and powder inexpensively is a fun challenge too.

I have dabbled in other areas over the years too.  I am always on the look out for old cap tins, manufactures boxes and antique nipple tools, flasks ball molds etc.

I am sure there are other things not coming to mind at the moment that drive me to this hobby. What about you?
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: Your interest in C & B revolvers
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:46:36 PM »
I have been fascinated with C&B since I was a kid. I have no idea why but I knew I had to have one. So now I have like 20. {'P
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »
I have been fascinated with C&B since I was a kid. I have no idea why but I knew I had to have one. So now I have like 20. {'P

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 08:51:21 PM »
Terry, I can pretty much date this back to around 1967 when I borrowed a huge book from a neighbor kid, "The History Of Guns" or some such...color drawings and photos of everything from matchlocks through modern (at that time) weapons. I spent hours drooling over the full color spread of C&B revolvers poring over every minute detail and wondering how you loaded such a contraption without cartridges and I think it short-circuited something, because from then on I knew I had to own one.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »
That would do it for sure.