Related Collections > Bullet Moulds

Round Ball Mold

(1/1)

tljack:
I am attaching a couple of pictures of a Round Ball mold I got a few years ago for almost nothing. I know it is not reproduction but
holds to the spirit of cab and ball revolvers.

It is a mold for a .31 cal. 1849 pocket revolver. It has all of the correct markings however the "Colts Patent" is only barely visible to the naked eye.

Captainkirk:
Very nice score, Terry! I will have to search for one after I get my Baby Dragoon functioning again.

tljack:
That will be a great project. At least for me it is nice these shooters are not to complicated. Maybe, just maybe that is why I am attracted to them. (j*

Fingers McGee:
I knoow this is an old moldy thread; but it is worth resurrecting IMNSHO

In working on my second gen collection, I started expanding it to include individual accessories and sets.  This  .31 caliber mold; whie not a 2nd Gen is interesting because it pre 1990 NOS made in USA and sold by a BP importer.

Fingers McGee:

--- Quote from: tljack on April 15, 2018, 06:47:28 PM ---That will be a great project. At least for me it is nice these shooters are not to complicated. Maybe, just maybe that is why I am attracted to them. (j*

--- End quote ---

How did your project turn out Terry?

That mold you have is an original Colt mold.  It has the "Colt's Patent" and the ".31PKT" stampings right where they belong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version