Banner

Author Topic: Round Ball Mold  (Read 2346 times)

Offline tljack

• View Profile
Round Ball Mold
« on: April 15, 2018, 02:14:32 PM »
I am attaching a couple of pictures of a Round Ball mold I got a few years ago for almost nothing. I know it is not reproduction but
holds to the spirit of cab and ball revolvers.

It is a mold for a .31 cal. 1849 pocket revolver. It has all of the correct markings however the "Colts Patent" is only barely visible to the naked eye.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:15:19 PM by tljack »
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "There's nothing like a nice piece of hickory"-
    • View Profile
Re: Round Ball Mold
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »
Very nice score, Terry! I will have to search for one after I get my Baby Dragoon functioning again.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:47:28 PM »
That will be a great project. At least for me it is nice these shooters are not to complicated. Maybe, just maybe that is why I am attracted to them. (j*
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »
I knoow this is an old moldy thread; but it is worth resurrecting IMNSHO

In working on my second gen collection, I started expanding it to include individual accessories and sets.  This  .31 caliber mold; whie not a 2nd Gen is interesting because it pre 1990 NOS made in USA and sold by a BP importer.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
That will be a great project. At least for me it is nice these shooters are not to complicated. Maybe, just maybe that is why I am attracted to them. (j*

How did your project turn out Terry?

That mold you have is an original Colt mold.  It has the "Colt's Patent" and the ".31PKT" stampings right where they belong.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse