Author Topic: Uberti Griswold and Gunnison  (Read 39 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Uberti Griswold and Gunnison
« on: June 30, 2020, 12:57:13 AM »
And, in the same lot from Rock Island, was a very rare Uberti Griswold & Gunnison made in 1971.  Unfired, unturned, in pristine condition. Brass frame, BS & TG are a mellow tan.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the box with this one.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:58:43 AM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline sourdough

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Uberti Griswold and Gunnison
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:03:02 PM »
That is an astounding find. I was not aware that Uberti ever made a brass-framed 1851 Navy "type" revolver.

There is no cylinder drag line, but it is obvious by the cylinder stop lots that the cylinder has been rotated. The markings on the right side of the barrel lug are not what Uberti does these days.

Very nice. I only have a Pietta G&G CP/2016 with all of the billboards. Envious!

Jim

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 06:51:33 PM »
Rare and unusual! Thanks for sharing, Fingers!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 08:53:23 PM »
That is an astounding find. I was not aware that Uberti ever made a brass-framed 1851 Navy "type" revolver.

There is no cylinder drag line, but it is obvious by the cylinder stop lots that the cylinder has been rotated. The markings on the right side of the barrel lug are not what Uberti does these days.

Very nice. I only have a Pietta G&G CP/2016 with all of the billboards. Envious!

Jim

I knew about Uberti brass framed revolvers.  This is about the 4th or 5th one I've had. and this one is subject to be sold like the others.  Since I posted this, I've had a couple people from other forums ring in that they also had a 1971 Uberti G&G.  Pietta owns have also chimed in that this looked better than their Piettas

You are correct about the bolt stops.  On further inspection, it has been dry fired from the nipple tracks on the hammer face.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 11:49:13 PM »
I like it just because it's an Uberti with a brass frame. You just see them all the time.

Nice find Fingers.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln