Banner

Author Topic: Picking up steam  (Read 426 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Picking up steam
« on: July 07, 2020, 12:18:54 PM »
I was looking at the members list last night, and I was happy to see a lot more activity in the last few days. I know it's been quiet around here for a little while, but we seem to be picking up a good head of steam. If you have something to say, or a question to ask, don't be shy. Please post it! There's always someone here to talk to.

If you're one of the folks that have stopped by in the last week, thanks for your support. Please keep dropping by. Also, please tell your friends to come on by too. if they like what they see, ask them to join up.

We have a few changes in mind, to make this great forum even better. Keep your eyes peeled for announcements.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
Re: Picking up steam
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 05:59:03 PM »
Hope you're right, Shotgun Dave. As much as I love shooting anything with black powder, my real interest is the percussion revolvers. In the past it was difficult to find any real useful information. This website, and a couple others, have been very informative. Nothing like learning from many years(decades?)of first hand experience.

Offline sourdough

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 08:27:08 PM »
Navy Six, good to see you here. As this is a collector forum, we would appreciate any photos/info you may have about revolvers manufactured from the late 1950's to the present, especially any ones that seem out of the normal realm of things. Original 19th century C&B revolvers are also welcome. You may post them according to category: Colt Army, Navy, Dragoon, Pocket; Remingtons; Confederate type; Manhattans; or anything you may have access to. There is a Photo Gallery that has been recently started and you may post to your heart's content as long as it is not a copyrighted photo belonging to someone other than yourself, per admin rules.

We all crave eye candy.

We will possibly be starting a Banner Photo Contest if our top Administrator can write the proper code to allow it. If it comes to fruition, be thinking about what you would like to enter.

Regards,

Jim

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 09:35:06 PM »
Navy Six, I agree with you wholeheartedly. This place and a scant few others are the places to go for BP revolver information. We have a great membership at all 3 of the Blackpowdersmoke forums. We want to keep it that way too.

There are some great and knowledgeable folks here, and a veritable library of information not available anywhere else. Just the Dr. Jim Davis info itself is worth the trip over here.

Sourdough is correct, there will be a photo contest here, in just a few days. We'll be soliciting pictures from everyone, and then the membership will vote for their favorite. Once a winner is chosen, we will put their photo up on the main page as our banner. Pretty cool!!

So keep an eye out for the announcement to come.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln