Banner

Author Topic: GLB Schneider and Glassicks  (Read 229 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
GLB Schneider and Glassicks
« on: July 10, 2020, 01:43:36 PM »
In 2010 I purchased a consecutive serial numbered pair of nickel plated Schneider & Glassics made by GLB  [Luciano Giacosa - Brescia] and imported by FIE.  The frames are nickel plated brass and the date of manufacture is 1970.   

When I received them I noted that both had been fired at some point and needed cleaning.  Upon teardown I found that one of the pistols had a loose wedge that had been put in from the wrong side, broken sear/trigger, and both of them had loose arbors, to the point that they could unscrewed from the frame by hand.  I cleaned them up and put them in their original boxes, and put them on the shelf until I could find a parts gun for the wedge and trigger.  :o

It's been 10 years with no luck in finding a nickel plated wedge and trigger; so, I guess I'm gonna have to find someone with the expertise to fix them. :(   

Here are a couple old pictures:   :o

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "There's nothing like a nice piece of hickory"-
    • View Profile
Re: GLB Schneider and Glassicks
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 01:45:09 PM »
Why am I suddenly sitting in a pool of drool, Fingers? <|(
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 02:42:19 PM »
Wow! Those gotta be as rare as an honest politician.

No old beat up FIE guns on GB? That would be a good source for the parts.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 09:07:17 PM »
Wow! Those gotta be as rare as an honest politician.

No old beat up FIE guns on GB? That would be a good source for the parts.

I check GB every now and then. Nickel plated parts are nonexistent.  Ive gotten other triggers that just arent the same.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline sourdough

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 01:45:58 PM »
Would it be possible to have the wedge and trigger nickel-plated?

Those revolvers sure are SHINY!  :)

Regards,

Jim
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 03:44:53 PM by sourdough »

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "There's nothing like a nice piece of hickory"-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 01:47:57 PM »
In 2010 I purchased a consecutive serial numbered pair of nickel plated Schneider & Glassics made by GLB  [Luciano Giacosa - Brescia] and imported by FIE.  The frames are nickel plated brass and the date of manufacture is 1970.   

When I received them I noted that both had been fired at some point and needed cleaning.  Upon teardown I found that one of the pistols had a loose wedge that had been put in from the wrong side, broken sear/trigger, and both of them had loose arbors, to the point that they could unscrewed from the frame by hand.  I cleaned them up and put them in their original boxes, and put them on the shelf until I could find a parts gun for the wedge and trigger.  :o

It's been 10 years with no luck in finding a nickel plated wedge and trigger; so, I guess I'm gonna have to find someone with the expertise to fix them. :(   

Here are a couple old pictures:   :o

Fingers, I believe Suzukibruce (now boomstick bruce) was doing nickel plating. Give him a pm.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 03:00:27 PM »
Thx Cpn. Finding awedge and trigger that fits is the problem. The nickel part is easy.,