General Category > Photo Gallery!

GLB Schneider and Glassicks

(1/2) > >>

Fingers McGee:
In 2010 I purchased a consecutive serial numbered pair of nickel plated Schneider & Glassics made by GLB  [Luciano Giacosa - Brescia] and imported by FIE.  The frames are nickel plated brass and the date of manufacture is 1970.   

When I received them I noted that both had been fired at some point and needed cleaning.  Upon teardown I found that one of the pistols had a loose wedge that had been put in from the wrong side, broken sear/trigger, and both of them had loose arbors, to the point that they could unscrewed from the frame by hand.  I cleaned them up and put them in their original boxes, and put them on the shelf until I could find a parts gun for the wedge and trigger.  :o

It's been 10 years with no luck in finding a nickel plated wedge and trigger; so, I guess I'm gonna have to find someone with the expertise to fix them. :(   

Here are a couple old pictures:   :o

Captainkirk:
Why am I suddenly sitting in a pool of drool, Fingers? <|(

ShotgunDave:
Wow! Those gotta be as rare as an honest politician.

No old beat up FIE guns on GB? That would be a good source for the parts.

Fingers McGee:

--- Quote from: ShotgunDave on July 10, 2020, 02:42:19 PM ---Wow! Those gotta be as rare as an honest politician.

No old beat up FIE guns on GB? That would be a good source for the parts.

--- End quote ---

I check GB every now and then. Nickel plated parts are nonexistent.  Ive gotten other triggers that just arent the same.

sourdough:
Would it be possible to have the wedge and trigger nickel-plated?

Those revolvers sure are SHINY!  :)

Regards,

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version