Banner

Author Topic: Various Makers of Brass Framed Revolvers  (Read 170 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "There's nothing like a nice piece of hickory"-
    • View Profile
Various Makers of Brass Framed Revolvers
« on: July 16, 2020, 12:09:52 PM »
I have a brass framed Remington NMA replica that has an Armi San Marco maker's mark but the box and instruction manual show the importer to be "Kassnar"...a name I've never heard of before. A Google search showed Kassnar to be an importer of many types of firearms, previously located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, that closed it's doors in 1989.
Interesting thing about this revolver is that while the barrel has the usual warnings, they are all on the bottom flat, under the loading lever. This gives the overall appearance a clean, tidy look. I don't have any good photos of this gun's markings but will try to get some and update this thread.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:11:23 PM by Captainkirk »
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ShotgunDave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Various Makers of Brass Framed Revolvers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »
I don't know why, but the name "Kassnar" rings a bell. I'm sure I've heard it before.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 12:23:44 PM »
I don't know why, but the name "Kassnar" rings a bell. I'm sure I've heard it before.

They were apparently a big importer of Charles Daly shotguns.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 01:11:31 PM »
Armi San Marco made a ton of brasser replicas, both in Remington and Colt style. Two of the nicest Remington versions I had (both sold, regrettably) were Traditions branded ASMs and were extremely well-made and finished with excellent wood on the grip. If in the market for a Remington brasser I would suggest looking for an older Traditions, as you will likely be pleased with the results!
ASM also produced a number of Colt replicas. My "Accidental" Schneider & Glassick is one of these...supposedly a copy of an 1851 Navy, it lacks the roll-engraved cylinder as did the original S&G. (see photo below)