Percussion Revolvers > Remingtons

The real deal.

(1/1)

KM4JZJ:
I have several Remington clones, and we have all seen the clones, so I won't post them here. But I do have one real Remington.  :)
Even little Pustic approves.   ^")

Long Johns Wolf:
Thanks for sharing, KM4JZJ,
How does the size of the original's grip compare to grips of clones?
Does the original hurt your middle finger of the shooting hand during recoil?
To cock the hammer with the thumb of your shooting hand can you reach the hammer of the original easier than the hammer of replicas?
Thanks,
Long Johns Wolf

KM4JZJ:

--- Quote from: Long Johns Wolf on October 09, 2020, 01:03:38 AM ---Thanks for sharing, KM4JZJ,
How does the size of the original's grip compare to grips of clones?
To cock the hammer with the thumb of your shooting hand can you reach the hammer of the original easier than the hammer of replicas?
Thanks,
Long Johns Wolf

--- End quote ---

The size of the original's grip is just a tad larger than a Pietta, I didn't compare it with a Uberti.
I haven't shot it yet.
As far as cocking it with the thumb of my shooting hand I really see no difference. QSL?

Kim Hyatt:

--- Quote from: Long Johns Wolf on October 09, 2020, 01:03:38 AM ---How does the size of the original's grip compare to grips of clones?
Thanks,
Long Johns Wolf

--- End quote ---

I have sort of stubby thick fingers and I thought maybe I was the only one with that problem after I first shot my Pietta. Now I don't feel so bad!

Long Johns Wolf:
I found the grip of the original Remmy of a friend of mine much more cofortable than one of the replicas.
Have tried shooting replica Remmy NM 1863 Armies from Armi san Marco, Pietta, Santa Barbara and Uberti.
They all hurt my middle finger and I had problems reaching the hammer spur with the shooting hand w/o changing the grip.
I have at least mid-size hands.
Long Johns Wolf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version