Percussion Revolvers > The Centaure Colts

Update of the Centaure & FROCS website www.1960nma.org

(1/2) > >>

Long Johns Wolf:
It took Panhandle Paden and me a couple of month to restore the website:
# To apply better protection against hackers
# To add many new findings of our research etc.
Now, www.1960nma.org ist almost complete again ... for the time being.
Have a look, please.
What do you think?
Long Johns Wolf

sourdough:
I like it! Good job. Now I can learn more about these guns.

Regards,

Jim

sourdough:
Wolf,

I have spent much of the morning perusing the site and was intrigued with the section about shoulder-stocked Centaure 1960 Army revolvers.

About a year ago I spent the better part of a day looking for/downloading photos concerning replica/original shoulder stocks/revolvers (Dragoon, Army, & Navy) and came across this one. It is a Centennial 1960 Army with the long 4th-screw escutcheons and was I initially surprised at that.

It is SN 11105 and was listed/sold on GunBroker early this year, but I did not keep track of the auction. I did save all of the seller's photos, so I am going to forward them to you in a message. Maybe you can use them on the website if you don't have them already.

Regards,

Jim

Long Johns Wolf:
Thanks, SD,
For your interest and metioning of #F11105.
She is recorded in the Centaure data bank: 1971 production, 2nd variation 2nd sub-variation.
In contrast to the Cavalries of the 1st variation with 7,5" barrels (!), the 2nd var. Cavalries have 8" barrels.
Long Johns Wolf

sourdough:
You are very welcome, sir!

If the SN has the "F" prefix, is there some reason/significance as to why it is stamped (in different fonts) above the numerals (on the barrel lug and the stock buttplate) but not on the frame or trigger guard?

I also have another series of photos concerning SN 9182. Is that one in your database?

Regards,

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version