Banner

Author Topic: Cased 1849 Pocket Model  (Read 506 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cased 1849 Pocket Model
« on: January 20, 2021, 12:36:58 PM »
Mailman dropped this 1863 vintage, 6 shot, 4 inch barrel 1849 Pocket Model yesterday.  It's nothing special.  It has some bluing showing, along with faded case colors.   It locks up with no over rotation, and has no cylinder turn line. The case is by Bill's Cases, Flask is a modern reproduction, as is the cap tin.  Nipple wrench is 2nd Gen and the mold is a well used original - I think.  I've already swapped the Flask and mold with what I think are originals.  I need to get my Percussion Accoutrements book out and do some research.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Kim Hyatt

• View Profile
Re: Cased 1849 Pocket Model
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 12:13:15 AM »
 Nothing special? Still pretty nice. By “vintage” do you mean original or older reproduction?

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 10:56:32 AM »
The Pocket Model is an original made in 1863.  In the bottom photo, the case, nipple wrench and cap in are modern.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Kim Hyatt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:44:29 PM »
Dang. Very nice indeed!